Monday, October 11, 2010

Nearly broke my toes

Before last week, the last time I played basketball was more than a month ago. Yesterday, I woke up sort of late for basketball with my friends. So I rushed and forgot my shoes.

While playing, I wanted to block this guy's shot. Rarely, I found such a nice opportunity to block people, so I rushed in and smacked the ball. For his shot attempt, he jumped forward towards me. So, I jumped backwards to block his shot. The guy did not release the ball and continue to hold it in his hands which caused my whole body to sort of rotate towards being horizontal in mid-air. Then, I landed with only my left leg in the position shown below and my right leg stretched in front of me.

No other body part was in contact with the ground so that all my weight is supported only by my left leg. Fortunately, there is a moment (spinning action) still acting on my body which made my upper body lean towards the back. Feeling that my left leg is compressed to the maximum, my stomach muscle loosened and allow my body to lean to the back. Once my upper body nearly touched the floor, my right hand auto reacted by smacking the palm of my hand on the ground and my whole body came to equilibrium. It's like in the kungfu movies where the kungfu guy smackes the ground to bounce himself up again when falling just that I did not bounce up back. After that, I felt the joint in my toes aching but I still continued to play on. Adrenalin is a good thing; it makes you feel...no pain when supposingly you should be hurting like hell. Same thing happened when I sprained my right ankle last time, I continued playing with the help of adrenalin. hahaha...not until I came home did I felt the aching joints all over my left leg below the knee and on my right hand from the elbow down. "Basketball is physical sport. If there is no contact, it is not basketball." as quoted by the international referee that conducted the referee clinic.

This post ends with a laugh on my side escaping the possibility of breaking my toes. WAHAHAHAHA =)

No comments:

Someone once told me...

Knowledge is obtained through your own effort and hard work. Keep it up!

"A's" are for God, "B's" are for lecturers, "C's" are for students and "F's" are for animals.

A good leader will always be the first person to arrive and the last person to leave.

Try to smile no matter what, cause you never know when your smile could lighten up someone's day as well as it will lighten up mine.


There are two types of leader, "THE EFFECTIVE - result based without considering the procedure" and "THE EFFICIENT - procedure based without considering the results"

Success is not Final and Failure is not Fatal

Original version
"If it doesn't kills you, it will only make you stronger"
My version
"CHARGE!!! unless you are dead..."

The medium of transfer is not what matters, it's the value of the content!

This is what I told myself: Bullshit lecturer + Insufficient notes = YOU ARE SCREWED!

From the bottom of my heart, I wish you (referring to the whole class) all the luck in your future -Dr Nabil

Share knowledge because it multiplies, dont share money because it divides.

There is time to have fun and there is time to study

Put all your eggs into one basket and watch it

Always ask yourself, "what happened? what actually happened?" - Kok Lin