Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Great Dr. Nabil




In the previous post, remember how I said he gave me crazy workload. Actually he is purposely making us practice the questions so that we will have enough time during the exam. Yesterday's test, I managed to complete the question together with a few people. The rest couldnt complete it due to the time.

Yesterday too, he announced that we will never ever need to see his face again after the final exam coming up. In other words, he is leaving MMU. There goes a good lecturer...He is supposed to teach me tribology in my final year but I dont think I will be taking it anymore now that he is gone. Nobody in MMU can compare to his teaching style. Well, applied to Mechanical Engineering only of course. He gives all his heart and soul when he is teaching. With all the gestures, the examples he tries to make you visualize and understand the situation.

Unlike other lecturers, eventhough he knows he is leaving, he still put in effort to embed, hammer, solder (whatever you want to call it) his knowledge on the subject into our heads, hence, the workload. He wants to make sure the information stays in our head cause its Engineering Design after all. One day we are sure to make use of it unless, we dont intend to be an engineer.

I have been slacking off a bit since my first year in degree because, sorry to say, the lecturers lack the inspiration to teach. They are more like a zombie than us. Dr. Nabil on the other hand, had just jump start my engine again and hopefully this time my engine will preserve for a long time. My most sincere thanks to him.

3 comments:

♥Jacelyn Tan Yun Fei♥ said...

haha~ he is really a good lecture~
^^ tat day feel some touching~

Tete said...

haha..din noe u blog also. how you find mine?

♥Jacelyn Tan Yun Fei♥ said...

from layen^^

Someone once told me...

Knowledge is obtained through your own effort and hard work. Keep it up!

"A's" are for God, "B's" are for lecturers, "C's" are for students and "F's" are for animals.

A good leader will always be the first person to arrive and the last person to leave.

Try to smile no matter what, cause you never know when your smile could lighten up someone's day as well as it will lighten up mine.


There are two types of leader, "THE EFFECTIVE - result based without considering the procedure" and "THE EFFICIENT - procedure based without considering the results"

Success is not Final and Failure is not Fatal

Original version
"If it doesn't kills you, it will only make you stronger"
My version
"CHARGE!!! unless you are dead..."

The medium of transfer is not what matters, it's the value of the content!

This is what I told myself: Bullshit lecturer + Insufficient notes = YOU ARE SCREWED!

From the bottom of my heart, I wish you (referring to the whole class) all the luck in your future -Dr Nabil

Share knowledge because it multiplies, dont share money because it divides.

There is time to have fun and there is time to study

Put all your eggs into one basket and watch it

Always ask yourself, "what happened? what actually happened?" - Kok Lin